Confidence is a skill and like every skill it requires practice, daily practice, learning from mistakes and grit to continue moving forward despite the challenges and falls.
Brian Tracy said: “The future, in sales and in business belongs to those who ask for what they want over and over again.”
I say that the future belongs to those who ask for what they want in every area of their lives and never settle with a no, or less than what they deserve.
Confidence is a habit and like every habit you must practice it daily until it’s part of your routine.
How can you ask confidently for what you want if you still don’t believe that you deserve it?
Success in building up your confidence is simple repetition of things that work over and over until you get the results you desire.
Confidence builds up every time you implement a new habit and commit to the practice. Once you see that you are capable of following through you can upgrade and level up your goals.
When helping my clients they learn that it’s more about accountability and pushing pass the pain and resistance that any other strategy, like in fitness and the gym, life is about pushing through what we think is holding us back.
You will stumble, you will fall, you will make mistakes and you will beat yourself up. It’s ok!
You win as long as you keep moving forward and learning from every experience.
So here they go, 5 POWERFUL tips to help you ask for what you want confidently:
1) Know your reason why, ask yourself why am I doing this? That deep reason why will wake you up in the morning and it’s going to help you and propel you to the next level. This reason has to be selfish and it doesn’t have to make sense to anybody else but you.
2) Get as many nos as possible, the more nos you get the thicker your skin, the better you face rejection and the stronger you become because you get closer to that yes. This one requires you to believe that what you are creating, building, offering is worth the hustle and the pain of facing rejection.
3) Learn to say no to things that don’t resonate with you. You are not missing anything, your opportunities are for you, you play the game your way, your rules. Nothing that’s meant to be for you will ever get away.
4) Face rejection as redirection, learn from it, see what you can improve. What can you do better the next time so it doesn’t happen again? Never take anything personal!
5) JUST ASK! It doesn’t matter if your voice is shaking, if you are not feeling 100%, it doesn’t matter! Just ask, have the courage to ask for what you want. Kids never give up, they ask, try different ways until they get what they want right? Play your game to win!
I hope you find them useful and that you start implementing them today. Remember, success is a marathon, a long lifetime adventure!
If you’d like to find out more about my programmes and how can I help you achieve the success you deserve, if you want to see what’s been holding you back all this time email me to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s talk so that I can give you 30 minutes of my time, some advice and a plan to move forward.
I have opened a program to help you GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY. Bookings open until the 27th of September 2018.
ONLY 5 SPOTS AVAILABLE. FIRST COME. FIRST SERVED.