Have you ever asked yourself if it’s possible to get more things done, better and faster?
It is possible.
And you may ask, how?
Prioritising. Making sure that first of all you have a clear vision, goals set in place, targets to achieve and that you are tracking your progress.
If you are just starting to set goals and this task seems daunting, start with creating the habit of daily to do lists, marking those tasks in your calendar and limiting them to 5.
Those 5 things must be aligned with your main goals.
So here the 10 best ways to get things done, better and faster!
1) Know your goals, if you know where you are going it’s “easier” to break the goals down and create small phases, chunks of activities that need to be done by certain time in order to achieve the bigger goal. This can be applied to business and life. Once you know where you want to be, everything else is a time waster. What are you willing to sacrifice to be your best?
2) Prioritise using your cold blood aka.wisdom, know which tasks are urgent, important, not urgent, urgent but not important, and delegate the ones that aren’t important at all. You have to be 200% focused in what needs to be done. If you can’t delegate/outsource for whatever reason, make sure you do them at the speed of light in the last part of the day.
3) Know your best hour. Some researchs say that the hours before 12pm are the most productive ones. Use your first hours to meditate, exercise, clear your mind and start the day strong with the most important tasks. As the day goes by, tackle the social activities and other commitments that you might have.
4) Learn to say no! I can’t stress this one often enough to my clients. Say no! This is your life, you are the director, the creator, say no to BS, to projects and requests that come when you are working on your main tasks, to chit chat that drains your energy, keep your head in the game and stay focused. Anything that is not related to any of your goals is procrastination. If you need help with this one you can always ask me for more tips.
5) This on is my saviour and now instead of just planning the day before I plan weeks, months and even years in advance. Plan ahead! Have a list of the 5 main tasks that you need to accomplish the next day so that when you go to bed your mind is clear and even though it might take a while to fall sleep (been there) just be disciplined enough to stay in bed because your tasks are set and your body needs rest.
6) Track your distractions, seriously. Write down every time you look at your phone, stand up for a cup of coffee, change the music, speak to someone or a fly enters the room. Once you are aware of the distractions have the will power to switch everything off and focus in the task at hand.
7) Outsource as much as you can. There is an app for almost everything right now, the small bits of the day need to be done, fine, find. someone who can do them or simply declutter and live minimal while you are building. Your choice, your time.
8) Meditate, this one may sound spiritual, gipsy, too new age or whatever, still, the benefits of meditation have been globally proven and again, there are amazing apps like Headspace that can help you clear your mind. You might think is a joke until you test it, you commit, you do it for 90 days and seeing the results you have to keep going.
9) Take care of yourself. This one should be number 1. You are the machine, the engine that is moving everything in your life. This was the turning point for me, I want to retire young and sexy, so first is the mind, then the body and then everything else. This is a marathon, not a race, a journey. Live long, live well, eat healthy, sleep your hours, exercise and rest when you have to in order to balance your energies. You MUST be at the top of your to do list! Daily!
10) Wake up earlier! Ask yourself how many hours are you wasting just chilling in the sofa? How many hours scrolling the Facebook feed? Even if not hours, simply half and hour of wasted time is that, wasted life. I recommend this blocker, works with Chrome, for the Facebook feed when you are working.
Bonus TIP: JUST DO IT!
I hope you find them useful and that you start implementing them today. Remember, success is a marathon, a long lifetime adventure!
If you’d like to find out more about my programmes and how can I help you achieve the success you deserve, if you want to see what’s been holding you back all this time email me to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s talk so that I can give you 30 minutes of my time, some advice and a plan to move forward.
I have opened a program to help you GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY. Bookings open until the 27th of September 2018.
ONLY 5 SPOTS AVAILABLE. FIRST COME. FIRST SERVED.