“I don’t have something you don’t, I believe something you don’t” Terence McKenna
Self love can’t live in us half way, self love is loving ourselves fully and it takes the courage of diving deep and owning the lies we are telling ourselves.
Self love can’t be faked, you must love every wrinkle and tummy rolls, small boobs or whatever that it is you are trying to hide or you are not loving in yourself.
Fake pretty is when you allow the exterior to determine your value, when if you don’t receive flattering comments or you get rejected then you crumble and crush because your confidence is tied to external validation.
The beauty industry, fashion and fitness is built around this. Women like to be adored, we are born to be worshiped but for that to happen we must, and I say again MUST, worship ourselves before.
Facing the mirror, naked, without makeup, without posing, without facing your best angle, raw, as you are and working every day to love every inch of that body, that’s what we women must be doing daily until the full acceptance of our temple shines through and from every pore of our skin.
I love makeup, I love dressing up, I love fancy clothes and feeling like a Queen but true beauty comes from the knowing of our flaws and being ok with them.
I agree with cosmetic surgery, high heels and sexy clothes. All of it is part of the fun of being a woman and I enjoy it. But it can’t be a fix for something that it’s lacking inside.
This is my project this month of March and let me tell you, it’s hard, but I know that if I do the work and build up the discipline of facing the parts I like less something will grow from the inside out.
There is power in waking up and looking to yourself in the eye, admitting that you might not look your best but the fire in your eyes is something to admire because, hey girl! You made it till here! Overcoming obstacles, inner demons, fears and life challenges that at some point seemed impossible to climb.
Be proud! Honor yourself! Don’t run! Don’t hide! Don’t punish yourself for not being were you would like to be and work on yourself because this is a journey to become who you are!
My 10 self love tips?
- knowing my body type, finding someone who inspires me to reach my fitness goals and keep pushing in the gym.
- learning about eating habits.
- facing my reflection in the mirror because I am more than my body.
- never settling for less than what I want, setting goals and committing to make things happen.
- detoxing myself from habits, people, places, situations, that lower my vibration.
- drinking loads of water.
- going for what I want.
- understanding that life is a journey and rushing it won’t get me anywhere sooner, patience.
- there are no mistakes, I always win because every experience is moving me forward to the next better experience for my growth and providing me with clarity and more tools to keep rising, inner strength.